Thursday, May 14, 2009

Silent Saviours and Amazing Adaptors

Trees have been the best of god's creations since evolution . The thought of a tree
always make me happy.I guess this is the common opinion across many minds.The moment I think of trees, I think of green...the colour that soothes the eye...
against red.. the colour that disturbs the eye.
Mankind has to be ever grateful to the trees or I'd like to call them the "SILENT
SAVIOURS" who really balance the earth. They give us the basics, oxygen, food, shelter....they give us the most precious basics for living....
Our Silent Saviours could be an example for many more things like
-Being Productive- they process food althrough the day, "Everyday" and that's a great
value
-They shine bright in the scorching sun- so we know what we have to learn from them :)
-They withstand the rain.. as much as possible..
Apart from being the Silent Saviours they are AMAZING ADAPTORS, they adapt to the sun,
rain, wind and the worst part people cutting them down for no reason.
Forget forest fires, these days you can see humans burn trees for civilization and
having a greater city.
These days there have been increasing numbers of trees being cut down either to provide
toilet papers, premium tissues where people just pull it up and throw it into a bin as
if it were a game, pull it out, touch on ur skin and throw...tat's a bit funny or a
lot funny or for "metro in bangalore" (this is where I live)... so that they make the
city a dusty, dry, hot and chaotic place. Summer seems to be hotter every year!!!!

For me trees are wonder creatures and I'm happy I wrote a blog on them as I'm so
grateful to them. But i'm also sad at the rate of their destruction.

Maybe they should change to be the mighty ones.. maybe they should have known to defend themselves when humans cut them down irrationally because I'm afraid that Herbert Spencer-Charles Darwin's theory "SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST" is true in every era and if trees are not the fittest or the mightiest, they'll lose SPACE on this earth and soon we'll lose ours too!!!
-Arti

3 comments:

  1. Hey Arts....
    Awesome man.. i am so proud of you that you picked this topic to blog about. Lot of people don't even see the importance of trees and the nature.. Excellent work!!

    Way to go.. Keep it going!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well written. I agree if only people thought more before cutting those trees. I really enjoyed the Greenathon programme NDTV for the awareness, but like you said, Metro cities like Bangalore where educated people are, dont think before cutting those trees to make toilet papers and tissues etc. I have really cut down on printing at work and I think thats the least I can do to save the environment. Good one Arti :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey you know what... I simply love your creative headers for each of your posts. Nice topic and yes we never think to take simple care of trees around us..let alone trees, we dont even bother to take care of a plant at home. You are right the rate at which the trees are being cut down seems scary and God must have created some sort of a defence trick for them as well...some tool within them to defend themselves. Anyway, we being educated and aware of its cause and its purpose, we need to avoid a thought of cutting down trees even. Well written post Arti...nice one.

    ReplyDelete